Here we collect the top 24 easy and simple DIY home security tips and tricks without the need to shell out big bucks. And you are welcomed to add more DIY home security tips that we may miss out.
10 Things Burglars Don’t Want You to Know
Before we get down to the DIY home security tips, it is important to know what your enemy — the burglars, are thinking about in their minds.
Now let’s look through the top 10 things burglars won’ want you to know and you may conclude more best DIY home security tips from master burglars.
- 60% burglars weigh the presence of your home security cameras and more than 40% would choose a softer target.
- 90% convicted burglars would avoid targeting at your home if you have alarm systems installed.
- Burglars like to break into homes during daytime hours when you and your family are away at work or school.
- Trash cans, recycling bins, newspapers and an overgrown lawn are the signs a burglar will look for to tell whether your home is occupied.
- Over 30% burglars entered a home through an unlocked door, window and other opening without force.
- If you home has big fences and overgrown trees or bushes, burglars would prefer to use them as cover-up.
- Burglars would knock on your front door before breaking in. If someone answers the door they will just come up with some bogus stories.
- Most burglars fear you might be home if they hear a radio or TV.
- Burglars would go straight to the master bedroom and rarely go to a kid’s bedroom.
- Two things burglars hate most: your loud dogs and nosy neighbors.
Top 24 DIY Home Security Tips & Tricks
To avoid your home becoming the low-hanging fruit, follow the DIY home security tips and tricks below and see what DIY home security improvements can work for you.